Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Anniversary & Babymoon


It's come around so quickly - I can't believe that this time last year I was on the honeymoon somewhere in Turkey enjoying the European sun. The wedding day was the best day of my life...and a year later, I'm 29 weeks pregnant and anticipating the biggest day of my life in only 10 weeks time...CRAZY!!

We had our parents over for dinner on the Saturday night - ate the top of the wedding cake and lit the ceremonial candle. It meant a lot to me to be sharing the night with our parents.

Dave had made the day very special by getting a dozen roses delivered in the morning....a lovely card with kind words....and then in the evening he presented me with my ultimate gift....the Oroton Baby Bag.

I simply can't believe he forked out that much money for it...but I'm not complaining - it's gorgeous and I'll use it forever.

Dave and I decided to incorporate our First Wedding Anniversary with a babymoon to Noosa - so on the Monday we flew up to spend a week lazing by the pool.

It was great to get away - and just have a relaxing time. No stress about being here or there...and not forcing ourselves to do anything but hang by the hotel pool. We even managed to have afternoon naps every day and came back so refreshed.

I admit, it's getting harder to manoeuvre my belly around now...so I don't think I could've left the holiday any longer than 7 months pregnant.



No comments:

Post a Comment